shirley maclaine,Shirley MacLaine on Open Marriage, Sexcapades & UFOs


Actress Shirley Maclaine will never give up her beloved New Mexico home - because she believes the former owner, dancer Vera Zorina, wanted her to live there.
The Terms of Endearment actress had no intention of buying the remote home when she first visited it in 2004, but she had a firm feeling the place was supposed to be hers the minute she walked through the door.
MacLaine, who happens to be Warren Beaty‘s older sister, also has advice for celebrities and others who are accosted by the likes of news crews and paparazzi. Appearing on the Oprah Winfrey Show on Monday (11Apr11), she said, "Vera Zorina was in Hollywood when I was there... I just felt she just wanted me to be in that house." “I never realized that my weight was visibly changing on film — maybe ten pounds from one scene to another when the film was assembled,” MacLaine, who ended up appearing in over 50 other films wrote.  “The president of Paramount called me and asked me what I thought I was doing. I said, ‘Eating what I couldn’t afford before.’ He said, ‘Now you’ve got some money, you’re not going to starve. Quit or we’ll have to shoot retakes.’ That hadn’t occurred to me. Hitch obviously had a food problem. But with him, carrying extra weight was his image. I was a different story.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments