Angelina Jolie had her breasts removed to prevent from breast cancer (double mastectomy)


Angelina Jolie has announced in a New York Times op-ed article that she underwent a preventive double mastectomy this Tuesday.
"My doctors estimated that I had an 87 percent risk of breast cancer and a 50 percent risk of ovarian cancer, although the risk is different in the case of each woman," Jolie wrote. "Once I knew that this was my reality, I decided to be proactive and to minimize the risk as much I could. I made a decision to have a preventive double mastectomy." You might not know that her mother, Marcheline Bertrand, died of ovarian cancer in 2007 at the age of 56.
Jolie said, "I can tell my children that they don't need to fear they will lose me to breast cancer."


Post a Comment

0 Comments